From May through October, the bridge opening schedule is as follows:
- 6AM – 8 AM : On the hour and half-hour
- 8 AM – 8 PM : On the hour
- 8 PM – 9 PM : On the hour and half-hour
Requesting Openings (May – October)
To request a bridge opening, hail the bridge tender on VHF Channel 13.
You can also request an opening by calling (508) 910-7107.
If you have no communication equipment at your disposal, you should approach the bridge a few minutes prior to a scheduled opening and sound 3 Short Blasts with your horn in the vicinity of the bridge.
Requesting Openings (November – April)
Title 33CFR Chapter 1, Subchapter J, Part 117, Subpart B: 117.587 Apponagansett River.
(a) The draw of the Padanaram Bridge, mile 1.0, shall open on signal from 1 May through 31 October, between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m., daily, as follows:
- (1) The bridge shall open on signal, twice an hour, on the hour and half hour between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- (2) The bridge shall open on signal, once an hour, on the hour between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.